Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fresh & Easy Summer Picnics


Fresh & Easy
Don't you just love the purple mountains in the background and to the right? Definitely one of my favorite things about the Phoenix area! Where I'm from, we just never saw stuff like that! I love that no matter where we go in the Valley, I can see for what seems like forever and there's always mountains somewhere in the scenery!

Speaking of where I'm from - As many of you know, my family recently moved to Arizona. I don't know about y'all, but I love checking out new grocery stores. Weird?! What can I say - maybe it's just me?! In my hunt "to get to know the area," I have discovered Fresh & Easy! I wasn't really sure what to expect the first time we went there - but when Brian and I went to the store, I liked the fact that it felt like a neighborhood market. Not too big, but still plenty of choices - and it carried everything I needed for a summer picnic or for family meals! Score!



Fresh & Easy 2
As you can see, we found some great picnic fare - that would easily double for an easy weeknight meal for the family too! You just can't have a summer picnic without watermelon - so that was the first thing we grabbed! We picked up some romaine lettuce and 2 tomatoes for our sandwiches too. I loved the produce section - everything just looked so fresh! We found some fresh&easy organic chia & flax seed bread that I just couldn't wait to try! I had never had chia anything before - and it seems to be all the rage these days! This bread seemed like a pretty easy thing to introduce my family to. We also found those cute little rolls for the sandwiches! As we strolled through the aisles, I spotted those wasabi pea puffs and I had to have them! Brian chose to try the fresh&easy baked not fried sour cream & onion potato chips instead - he's not a fan of wasabi! ;) We also decided to get a package of ham and turkey lunchmeat ... and some Provolone (our favorite cheese). We already had condiments at home - so we skipped picking those up. We made our way over to find some beverages to quench our thirst and opted for some refreshing lemonade and fizzy root beer. Brian suggested picking up a cold salad too. Of course, as we walked over that way, I spotted a dessert cooler with lots of yummy treats and I told Brian to go ahead and find the salads and I would pick out a dessert - although I was tempted by the luscious lemon cake, I picked up the red velvet cake. Brian told me he was hoping I would pick the red velvet and I just had to smile because I know (and now you do too) that I picked it because of him!

Fresh & Easy 3
We invited my mother-in-law and our neighbor, Alyce, over to enjoy this meal with us. We had such a great time and enjoyed the company! Fresh & Easy made our summer picnic easy, delicious and affordable!

I think one of my absolute favorite things about Fresh & Easy is that they never use high-fructose corn syrup, added trans fats, artificial colors or flavors in any fresh & easy brand products. And - they believe fresh, wholesome food should be affordable to everyone! How awesome is that?!*

Though the parent company of Fresh & Easy plans to leave the US, they’re pleased to confirm there are no plans to close any portion of Fresh & Easy markets in Arizona, California or Nevada. For me, and many of my West Coast friends, that is great news! While they don’t yet know who their new owner will ultimately be, Tesco has already received interest from a number of parties including groups looking to purchase Fresh & Easy as an operating business. As a matter of fact, Fresh & Easy is confident that they can remain their customers’ favorite neighborhood market and they have just launched an exciting new marketing campaign. They look forward to serving their neighbors for many years to come!

Fresh & Easy also just launched some exciting new summer grilling products along with new delicious frozen microwavable and skillet meals. They know how lunch time options can get boring (mine sure do!), so they just refreshed their grab-and-go fresh sandwiches, salads and wraps. They hope you’ll get to try a few of these great new items that are all made without artificial colors or flavors, added trans fats and high-fructose corn syrup.

If you would like to try Fresh & Easy (or if you're already a loyal customer), they are providing a coupon to the readers of Love Bakes Good Cakes - you can find it HERE - Hurry, it expires on July 7th, 2013.


You can also find out more about their fresh&easy Neighborhood Market through the Apple and Android apps. You can access your Friends Rewards account to view your points balance, convert points to rewards, view your points history and update your profile. You can load Bonus Point coupons and scan your ‘Made for Me’ coupons right from your phone. You can view your local fresh&easy weekly flyer, including our weekly deals, meal ideas, and other great offers. It will also help you find your closest fresh&easy store, along with store hours, directions and a phone number.

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

*Some of the information provided is from Fresh & Easy.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


No comments:

Post a Comment