Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I'm Fed Up ... And I've Got Something To Say

People that know me in real life will tell you that I'm pretty calm and collected ..... most of the time. However, I do get a little vocal with my opinions from time to time ... and unfortunately, this is one of those times. I keep seeing this dilemma over and over again, and I'm just fed up - so I'm saying something about it!

I truly believe that most people have good intentions ... but I want to educate some folks on a growing problem. What has got me so riled up, you ask?

Stuff like this:


or this:



Why would anyone have to go to these blogs to get the recipe when it's plastered right there on FB (or other social media) and shared over and over again?! Exactly, they don't have to. Bloggers work hard on these posts ... they pour their hearts and souls into their blogs and spend countless hours planning posts, cooking recipes to share, taking pictures, editing pictures, writing the post, editing the post and promoting the post ... and they are willing to share their hard work with others. I don't think it's too much to ask to be properly credited for our work, our pictures and our recipes. And for the record, bloggers want you to share their work - we just want people to do it the right way!

For some reason, people have this belief that if it's on the internet, no one "owns" it and it's all fair game for whoever wants to take it. I don't know about y'all, but my mom taught me not to take stuff that wasn't mine. She never told me that the rule only applies in certain circumstances ... because it was meant for everything, for the rest of my life. 

Technically speaking, stealing someone else's work can get you in a whole lot of trouble. You may be violating copyright laws and be forced to pay a substantial amount of money for using someone else's work. Remember back in school when we had to write those book reports or term papers? We couldn't plagiarize and we had to cite our sources ...... this is the exact same thing - except on the internet. 

So what do we do? Educate people. Share the proper way to share. If you belong to a page that shares the wrong way, let the administrator know or unlike the page! Don't be an enabler! When you see things you want to share, be sure to give credit and direct people to the original source. If you see a picture that is improperly shared but you want to share it, find the original source - delete all the stuff that'll get you in trouble and share it the right way! I just can't say that enough. Because really, that's all we really want - our stuff and our friend's stuff, to be shared properly

Maybe this seems petty to some people .... but imagine that this was your job, your life and your family that was being stolen from. It would make you mad as you know what. You'd have something to say, too. And that's the point.

I have an example below - I'd love for people to share it .... the more the merrier!

wrong2

right2

Below you will find both pictures in one picture ...... to make it easier to share!

Right_Wrong Collage2


You can find the Pepperoni & Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts HERE.

And please, if you feel this post would benefit someone else, share it, pin it, email it .... do whatever to help get the message across. 

You can share it on Facebook from HERE to make it even easier!

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


Tip Junkie handmade projectsFoodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment