Thursday, June 27, 2013

Taco Tatos

I realized that I don't have too many side dishes posted ..... what is up with that?! I guess I need to start sharing some of those with y'all as well! :)

Yesterday, I shared my recipe for Spicy Southwest Meatloaf and I told y'all I would be sharing these awesome Taco Tatos with you today! In my humble opinion, these are the perfect side dish with that meatloaf! I think they would be equally great with some sort of Southwest seasoned grilled meat as well. Although I have never tried it yet, I would be tempted to cook the potatoes in foil right along with the meat and save myself some clean-up! 

This is one of those side dishes that there is never any leftovers .... my kiddos gobble this stuff up like it's their last meal! I hope you'll give it a try - and if anyone tries cooking them in foil on the grill, I'd love to hear back as to how they turned out .... and if I make them that way, I'll be sure to update this post! :)

Taco Tatos



Taco Tatos
Printable recipe
Yield: 6-8 servings

6 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-in. cubes
½ cup butter, melted or ¼-½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp. taco seasoning
1 cup (4 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
3-4 green onions, chopped
Salsa and Sour Cream, optional

Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. In a large ziplock bag, combine the potatoes, butter and taco seasoning. Seal the bag. Shake and squeeze to make sure the potatoes are evenly coated. Spread into the prepared pan in a single layer. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the potatoes are tender - flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning. Remove from the oven and the sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with bacon and green onions. Serve with salsa or sour cream if desired.

Other Posts You May Enjoy:


Creamy Pea Salad - This salad is a nice change from the typical potato or pasta salads. It requires very little cooking and a little bit of chopping - it could easily be a no cook recipe if you buy precooked bacon! It doesn't get much easier than that!


I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Ms. enPlace and Everyday Mom's Meals


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

Family Game LBGC Signature 3

No comments:

Post a Comment