Friday, June 14, 2013

Weekend Round-Up {6-15-13}

lbgc - weekend round-up

Another week down .... Man, I'll tell ya, it seems like time is just flying by, doesn't it?! We're already into the middle of June, people!! How did that happen?! I'm still thinking it should be April or May .... but definitely not the middle of June!

I'm getting a really good dose of Arizona right about now too ..... did y'all know it gets really hot here! Triple digits every single day ... and we still have all summer to go!!! I think I might melt! Our neighbor, Alice, stopped by yesterday to bring over some produce from her garden and we talked about the monsoon season and the "haboobs" ..... apparently, they are a sight to see and as crazy as it sounds, I am kinda looking forward to seeing my first one! I've experienced all sorts of weather - tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards ..... but never a haboob! When people first started telling me about them, I had to ask them what that even was because I had never heard of such a thing! 

I finally got on the Instagram train this week .... If you're on there, feel free to come by and follow me!

Here's a look at what happened around my little spot of the blogging world this week:



LGSS Collage2

Let's Get Social Sunday #24 - Don't forget to join us tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 6 am Eastern time when the next party goes live! Meet some other bloggers and make new friends!

Shrimp Scampi 3

On Monday, I shared Shrimp Scampi with Pasta over at my bloggy friend, Evelyn @ My Turn For Us' place.

lbgc - all my bloggy friends2

All My Bloggy Friends #50 - the party is still live and closes at 11:59 pm Eastern time tonight! Don't forget to join us every Tuesday morning at 7 am Eastern time when the party goes live! I'd love to see you there! :)

4th of July Apple Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze

4th of July Apple Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze - An old-fashioned cake recipe that's perfect for the 4th ... or any time!

Copy-Cat Maid-Rites

{Copycat} Maid-Rites - a little bit of nostalgia and an easy weeknight meal!

Italian Chicken Strips

Italian Chicken Strips - A great, kid-friendly meal idea that's easy enough to double up and freeze half of for an even easier dinner idea the second time!


__________________________________________________________


Five things I pinned this week that you should see too:


1. Why I Stopped Listening to the Blogging Experts from Money Saving Mom - I agree with this post completely!!

2. Patriotic Punch from Sweet C's Designs - This looks like such a fun drink ... and it's non-alcoholic :)

3. Patriotic Trifle from Taste of Home - Omgosh .... yummy! So pretty and patriotic!!

4. Smoothies {Classics and Favorites} from Ms. enPlace - I need some new smoothie ideas and Michelle is doing a series!

5. Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Mint Chocolate Chip Buttercream Frosting from Cooking Classy - Ohmyword!! My favorite ice cream flavor in a cupacke!! Yes, please :)


Most popular post this week: White Castle Casserole
Biggest referring site this week: All Free Copycat Recipes
Most searched phrase: Homemade Alfredo Sauce

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved


FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


No comments:

Post a Comment