Thursday, July 11, 2013

Breakfast Tacos with Ham, Green Chilies, Eggs and Cheese

Do you get excited for breakfast? I have to ask because sometimes I think I'm the only one in the world who doesn't. For the most part, I could take it or leave it - just give me some toast with coffee and we'll call it good. My family on the other hand? They love it all. To each their own, right?!

The only day I really make breakfast any more is on Sunday or if we have company. Otherwise, my family fends for themselves. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why they like it so much - it's not cereal, grits, oatmeal or smoothies! Ha! :)

I think y'all are more than aware by now that I just love Mexican food. Nine times out of ten, if given a choice of where to eat, I'm going to be looking for Mexican food! Living in Phoenix, there are tons of restaurants to choose from - I feel like I've hit the restaurante mexicano jackpot!

When I'm craving something South of the Border for breakfast, I often turn to tacos - because you can't get more Mexican than tacos! In this variation, I decided to use ham, eggs and green chilies. Tacos for breakfast? ¡No hay nada mejor que esto! - It doesn't get any better than this!

Breakfast Tacos





Breakfast Tacos with Ham, Green Chilies, Eggs and Cheese
Printable recipe
Yield: 4-5 servings

6 eggs
¼ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste, optional
1 cup cooked ham, cubed
1 can (4 oz.) green chilies
1-1½ cups (4-6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
8-10 corn tortillas, warmed
Salsa, sour cream or guacamole, optional

In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook and stir (scramble) the eggs until almost firm. Add the ham and green chilies and continue to cook until the eggs are firm and scrambled. Top warmed tortillas with egg mixture then cheese. Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole if desired.


LBGC other posts you may enjoy

Mexican Breakfast Casserole

Mexican Breakfast Casserole

ziplock-omelets


I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at The Best Blog Recipes and White Lights On Wednesday


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


Tip Junkie handmade projectsFoodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment