Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Greek Pasta

I shared this on my Facebook page a few weeks ago - and I immediately had people asking for the recipe! Of course, I didn't make them wait - I private messaged it to them because I'm nice like that! ;) Seriously, I believe recipes and good food are meant to be shared - right?!

With summer in full swing in the Phoenix area, I wanted something that was light and meatless. Truthfully, that's been a lot of nights lately! I don't know about you, but heavy meals some times make me feel sick in the summer - especially with all this heat! Do you like lighter meals when it's hot? My family sure does!

My wonderful neighbor, Alyce, likes to bring over some of the veggies from her garden and I am more than happy to put them to use! :) Since we just move into our house in April, we didn't get a garden started this year - we wanted to see how we would actually use our property before committing to a spot for the garden! Next year, I've already got it all planned out though! ;) 

The best part of this dish besides being super cheap, (and it's even more economical if you have a nice neighbor like Alyce or if you grow your own stuff) - is I almost always have all of the ingredients! 

If you're looking for an economical, quick, light, meatless and easy dinner idea .... look no further! This can be thrown together in no time! 

P.S. Feel free to use fresh spinach if you prefer - I bet it's just as great! 

Greek Pasta






Greek Pasta
Printable recipe
Yield: 6 servings

16 oz. pasta
A few swirls of olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 box (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup black olives, halved
1/2 tsp oregano
Splash of white wine, optional
Feta cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cook the onions in olive oil until soft and just starting to brown. Add the garlic, spinach, tomatoes, black olives, oregano and wine. Cook 3-5 minutes or until everything is heated through. Remove from heat. Drain pasta and mix into spinach and tomato mixture. Stir in feta. Serve!


Greek Pasta 2

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Cooking For the Seven Dwarfs and Hot Eats and Cool Reads


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


Tip Junkie handmade projectsFoodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment