Thursday, July 18, 2013

Roadhouse Pizza

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Wooooo-weeee! It's almost Friday, y'all! I'm so ready for the weekend!

My family kinda fell off the Friday night pizza night train when we moved to Phoenix .... it's just too darn hot to be having that oven on! Everyone once in awhile, we (by we, I mean I) drudge through and give into our craving. I wanted something a little bit different for our pizza on this occasion .... I came up with the Roadhouse Pizza - it's topped with BBQ sauce and a combination of yummy ingredients like ground beef, bacon, jalapenos, tomatoes, onion and cheese! I wasn't really sure what to call this pizza, but for some reason, the word "roadhouse" stuck out in my mind - so that's what we'll call it. Mmm-kay? I have no rhyme nor reason to what I do, what can I say?!

If you enjoy pizza night at your house, I hope you'll give this version a try .... it has become one of my new absolute faves!

Roadhouse Pizza






Roadhouse Pizza
Printable recipe
Yield: 1 large pizza (8-10 slices) or 2 small pizzas (6 slices each)

Olive oil
BBQ sauce, to taste
½ lb. lean ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
½ lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1 Roma tomato, chopped
½ cup Red onion slices
1½-2 cups (6-8 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded

Prepare pizza dough according to recipe directions.

Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a pizza pan. Pat dough into pan. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. Spread BBQ sauce on pizza, using as much or as little as desired. Top with half of the cheese. Top with beef, bacon, jalapeno, tomato and onion. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the pizza is golden and the cheese is bubbly.

Slice and serve hot!

LBGC other posts you may enjoy

BIG-MAC-PIZZA
Big Mac Pizza

tomato-spinach-alfredo-pizza2
Tomato Spinach Alfredo Pizza

summer-breeze-pizza
Summer Breeze Pizza

diy-happy-joes-special
DIY Happy Joe's Special


I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Everyday Mom's Meals, Feeding Big and White Lights on Wednesday


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'FlickrRSSImage Map


Tip Junkie handmade projectsFoodie Friends Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment