Friday, September 27, 2013

6 Things About Me

It's not very often that we get a glimpse at the people on the other side of the computer screen. I was recently tagged by Ali over at Jam Hands to answer 6 questions about myself. I thought it would be fun to share a little bit about me since I always love learning a little bit about some of my favorite bloggers. Here are Ali's questions for me:


  • What was your favorite vacation?
  • What would your dream job be?
  • How do you take your coffee?
  • What’s your favorite meal ever?
  • What is your favorite gift you’ve received?
  • Favorite TV Show or Movie, ever?

6 Things About Me

1. My favorite vacation would have to be when Brian and I went to the Outer Banks in North Carolina - without kids! I love my kiddos, but we were free to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted! It was a nice (and much needed) break away from them. :)

2. I am living my dream job right now. Growing up, I wanted to be a teacher - and I did that for awhile with early education/preschool. Now, I am extremely blessed to be able to homeschool (I'm still a teacher - yay!) our children and I can share my passion of cooking/food/recipes with the world!

3. I like my coffee "leaded" (no decaf here thank you very much - I need that extra jolt or three in the mornings!) - with cream and sugar - or the liquid stuff. I've tried drinking it black, but I just can't do it - even though it would probably be better for me.

4. Ha .... you do know I'm a food blogger, right? Asking me to pick my favorite meal is like asking me to pick my favorite child. Although I have many food loves, I have never met a chili that I don't like. Throw in some cornbread on the side and that's one of the most comforting and best dishes in my book. 

5. As crazy as it sounds, I'm not a big gift person. I'm usually pretty simple and practical. However, two gifts do stick out in my mind - the first, was when I was about 15 or 16 years old. I wanted a keyboard so bad - and my parents got me one for Christmas. I remember the excitement when I opened that gift and how I played that thing all the time and taught myself all kinds of songs - but never really learned how to play well enough to make anything of it and I never learned how to read music. The second gift was from my mother-in-law. Having a large family, I always wanted one of those big griddles. For years, I made things like pancakes or grilled cheese sandwiches one at a time in a skillet on the stove for our family of 7! Can you imagine? When she got that for me, I swore it was the best gift I ever received because it was something I always wanted but never bought myself because other things always seemed more important ... and I was amazed at how fast I could get things done! Then of course, I kicked my own butt for not biting the bullet and spending the $30 or so sooner!

6. This might come as a shock to some of y'all, but we don't have cable or "outside tv." Believe it or not, there are some of us still like that! ;) I don't live under a rock though! lol. When it comes to movies, I generally do not have the attention span to actually sit down and watch it all the way through. It has to be pretty hilarious for me to sit and stay focused. When it comes to tv shows, of course like most foodies, I'm going to say I love the Food Network. :) I also like HGTV. I love the show "House" - and if I ever need a doctor, I want one just like him - sarcasm and all. I loved "ER" and "Friends" back in the day. I'm not much of a tv person really - usually I have music on. :)


I'm not sure how many people I'm supposed to tag - and there weren't any clear instructions - so I'm totally giving this "6 things about me" post to anyone who wants to participate. :) If you would like to let your readers know a little bit about you, feel free to do your own post with these questions:


My six questions:

1. What's your favorite meal?
2. Who do you wish you could have dinner with?
3. If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?
4. What's one of your quirks?
5. Other than blogging, what do you enjoy?
6. This one's a freebie - you can talk about anything you think your readers may find interesting about you. :)



I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map


 Foodie Friends Friday SponsoredTweets referral badge

No comments:

Post a Comment