Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Classic Waffles

My kiddos love a hot, cooked breakfast - even if it's for dinner! I have a little confession ... I'm not really a fan of breakfast, but lately, I have been addicted to Classic Waffles! It's the craziest thing! 
Classic Waffles 4
Before we moved out here to Arizona, I donated my waffle iron to the local Goodwill .... because I never used it. You know how it goes, right?! It always amazes me how badly you need something or how many things you wish you had AFTER you get rid of them. Sheesh ..... just my luck! I decided I needed not only one waffle iron - but now I have two of them! A girl likes choices, ya know! :) I have the kind that makes the thick Belgian waffles and I got one that make the 4 square waffles!

Note to self .... don't get rid of your kitchen stuff unless it's broken - you'll wind up regretting it even if you think you'll ever use it - and you will have to buy it all over again. Since we got those waffle irons, we've have waffles for breakfast, lunch and dinner - on different days of course! ;)



Classic Waffles
Printable recipe
Yield: 4-8 waffles (depending on the size)

2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs, separated
1½ cups milk
1 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Butter, maple syrup, fruit and/or whipped cream (optional)

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Add the milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter.

Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's direction until golden brown. Top each serving with butter, maple syrup, fruit and/or whipped cream.

Classic Waffles 3

LBGC other posts you may enjoy

Buttermilk Pancakes 2
Buttermilk Pancakes

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins 3
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Feature at Recipes for my Boys


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+BlogLovin'InstagramRSSImage Map


 Foodie Friends Friday SponsoredTweets referral badge

No comments:

Post a Comment