Friday, November 29, 2013

Holy Shiitake Pizza {with EASY Garlic Aioli}

Holy Shiitake Pizza 22

Truth ..... I told y'all before that I stink at naming stuff. Sometimes, I actually amuse myself with some of the stuff that I think of. Yeah, I need to get a life. LOL. Unfortunately for you, this is one of those times. Sure, I could have just called this a mushroom pizza - because that's "technically" what it is .... or I could throw a little bit of shock factor and some humor in there with the hopes that some of y'all might just be intrigued enough to come check it out!

Holy Shiitake Pizza 02

I'm guessing if you've made it to this part, you were intrigued or you really just like mushroom pizza! LOL. Any who - This pizza has THREE kinds of mushrooms,  caramelized onions, cheese, chives and a super simple {cheaters} Garlic Aioli - that I think makes the pizza go from being just a pizza to being bomb-diggity!

Even mushroom haters may like this pizza - my 17 yr. old swears he hates mushrooms - he even goes as far as telling me they're bad for his health ..... but even he liked this pizza! Score one for mom! ;) 

You will notice I don't necessarily give amounts for the sauce or toppings - I really believe that is a matter of personal preference. I used about 4 oz. of each of the mushrooms, and I carmelized one medium onion for this recipe - use more or less depending on your tastes or what you have on hand! :)



Holy Shiitake Pizza
Printable recipe
Yield: 1 large pizza (8-10 slices) or 2 small pizzas (6 slices each)

EASY Garlic Aioli:
¾ cup mayonnaise
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper

For the pizza:
1 pizza crust recipe or your favorite homemade or store bought crust
Pizza sauce, to taste
1½-2 cups (6-8 oz.) Mozzarella cheese
Baby Portabella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
White button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
Shiitake mushroomscleaned and sliced
Caramelized onions
Chives, snipped

Add the ingredients to the bread machine, according to manufacturer’s settings. Select the dough setting. After the machine beeps, press the dough onto a greased pizza pan.

Meanwhile, mix mayo, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.


Drizzle the crust with olive oil and bake it at 450°F for ten minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and add sauce, cheese and mushrooms, caramelized onions and snipped chives. Place the pizza(s) into the oven for another ten to fifteen minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve hot with the EASY Garlic Aioli on the side!

**Note - If you are using your own crust or a store bought one, follow the cooking directions for those.
Holy Shiitake Pizza 23
How about you ... are you down for some Holy Shiitake Pizza?

Holy Shiitake Pizza 26
So tempting ...... mmmmmm!

LBGC other posts you may enjoy

Roadhouse Pizza
Roadhouse Pizza

Tomato Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Tomato Spinach Alfredo Pizza

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Ms. enPlace and Morsels of Life

Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramBlogLovin'RSS or Subscribe via EmailImage Map

No comments:

Post a Comment