Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles

Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles #slowcooker #dinner #beef

My folks grew up in the Midwest. That means growing up, they ate a lot of hearty, stick-to-your-ribs meals ... like Beef and Noodles! Of course that also means, that's the kind of meals I grew up eating too! I remember getting excited when I saw my mom making homemade noodles, because I knew that meant we were having Beef and Noodles! It was an occasional treat for us - one I always looked forward to!

It's so easy to make this in the slow cooker - and to tell the truth, I don't always make homemade noodles! (Shhhhh! Don't tell my mom!) I like ours a little thicker and without a lot of liquid, but you can easily adjust that to your family's preference!



Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles
Slightly adapted from Two Maids a Milking
Printable recipe
Yield: 8-10 servings

2 lb. beef roast
1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium beef broth
1 envelope (from a 2.2 oz. box) beefy onion soup mix
1 can (10.5-10.75 oz.) cream of celery or mushroom soup, undiluted
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
10 cups of water, more if desired
1 pkg. (24 oz.) frozen home-style egg noodles
Salt and pepper, to taste

Place the roast in a 5-qt. (or larger) slow cooker. Add the beef broth, beefy onion soup mix, cream of celery soup and garlic cloves. Cover and cook on low overnight. 

In the morning, break beef apart and add 6 cups of water. Cover and continue to cook all day. 

An hour before you eat, add egg noodles, salt & pepper, and additional water (4 cups or more, depending on how liquidy you would like it). Cover and cook for an additional hour or until noodles are tender.

**Side note - I don't really think you have to cook the meat overnight. I'm sure you would be fine with starting it first thing in the morning, shredding it and adding the noodles to finish the recipe! :)


Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles #slowcooker #dinner #beef

Other Posts You May Enjoy:


Not Yo' Mama's Tuna Noodle Casserole 3
Not Yo' Mama's Tuna Noodle Casserole

Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Broccoli
Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham and Broccoli

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!

Featured at Simply Gloria and The Grant Life


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramBlogLovin'RSS or Subscribe via EmailImage Map

No comments:

Post a Comment