Friday, April 18, 2014

Better for you Alfredo Sauce Recipe

Hi Loves Bakes Good Cakes readers!! I'm so excited for my first contributing post here! Jamie and I have been blogging buddies for a long time. She was one of my first guest posters in a Christmas series I did years ago! Super excited to be sharing this Alfredo Sauce Recipe with you today. I've made a few tweaks to make it a "lighter" version and my whole family loves it. It's packed full of flavor and goes well with any meat or veg.



We like to eat it with broccoli and shrimp! Although sometimes if I don't have frozen shrimp, I just make the vegetarian version and its still really tasty. My boys love this and it makes great leftovers for my husband to take to work the next day.


Okay let's get into the recipe and how to! 




Ingredients:
2 cups skim or 1% milk
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
4 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese {the light version}
2 TBS olive oil
1 TBS Italian seasoning
salt to taste


Put the oil and milk in a pan and heat until bubbly, add the parm and cream cheese and stir until melted and smooth, add the seasoning last and continue to cook over medium heat for at least 2 more minutes while stirring to thicken. {if you want a tomato cream sauce add 1 cup red sauce now}
The Italian seasoning really gives this sauce a great and full flavor.


Pour over your favorite noodles, meat and veggies, and serve hot. You can thin with milk or thicken with cream cheese as desired.

Stop by Nap-Time Creations and let me know what you think of this!


Other yummy things I've cooked up recently:

 photo signature1_zpsb461fce3.jpg

{E-Mail} {Bloglovin'} {G+} {Facebook} {Pinterest}{Instagram}





I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment