Monday, June 23, 2014

{Dairy-Free} Strawberry Brownie Trifle plus Protein in Almond Milk!!

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.

{Dairy-Free} Strawberry Brownie Trifle - an easy "from scratch" dessert idea! #SilkAlmondBlends #shop #CollectiveBias


{Dairy-Free} Strawberry Brownie Trifle - an easy "from scratch" dessert idea! #SilkAlmondBlends #shop

Some of you may remember that I am not a fan of dairy milk - I never have been. I prefer the Silk line of products. To be honest, I don't drink "milk" very often ... it's just not my thing. Give me water, coffee or sweet iced tea ... or give me death! ;) However, I love to substitute Silk Soymilk (and now, Almondmilk) products in my cooking and baking. With the protein in almond milk and the added benefits of almond milk, I will definitely be adding it to my line of ingredients for cooking!

{Dairy-Free} Strawberry Brownie Trifle - an easy "from scratch" dessert idea! #SilkAlmondBlends #shop

The other day, I stopped at Safeway to pick up a few things I needed before heading home. Silk Soymilk was on my list, but as I went to grab my regular Silk Vanilla Soymilk, I saw there were two new Silk products for me to try - Silk Almond Coconut Blend and Silk Almondmilk Protein + Fiber. Of course, I grabbed a carton of each!! Although I enjoyed them both, I really like the added protein and fiber in the Silk Almondmilk Protein + Fiber. Let's be honest, I don't always eat the things I should.

{Dairy-Free} Strawberry Brownie Trifle - an easy "from scratch" dessert idea! #SilkAlmondBlends #shop



{Dairy-Free} Strawberry Brownie Trifle
Printable recipe
Yield: 8 individual trifles

For the Dairy-Free Vanilla Pudding:
½ cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
Pinch of salt
2 cups Silk Almondmilk Protein + Fiber
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. dairy-free butter spread

For the Dairy-Free Whipped Topping:
1 can (14 oz.) full fat coconut milk, refrigerated so the solids separate from the liquids
⅓ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Additional Ingredients:
1 recipe for Basic Brownies or your favorite brownie recipe, prepared according to recipe directions and cooled
1 lb. (16 oz.) fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped

Place the granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan. Slowly pour the Silk Almondmilk Protein + Fiber into the saucepan, whisking constantly. Cook the mixture over medium heat until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. DO NOT BOIL. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and butter. Transfer to a container and refrigerate until chilled.  

Scoop the solid part from the coconut milk and place it in a blender. (Reserve the liquid for another use - smoothies would be a great idea). Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. 

To serve: Carefully, fold the pudding and whipped topping together. In individual bowl or mason jars, crumble some of the brownies into the bottom. Top with some of the pudding/whipped topping mixture. Add chopped strawberries to the top. Serve immediately.  

*Note - the amount of ingredients to use for each trifle layer is totally up to you. 


{Dairy-Free} Strawberry Brownie Trifle - an easy "from scratch" dessert idea! #SilkAlmondBlends #shop
Follow Silk on Facebook to hear about new products and special offers.

Other Posts You May Enjoy:


Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake - with a simple made from scratch chocolate biscuit, homemade sweetened whipped cream and juicy strawberries - this a dessert perfect for Summer! #strawberries #chocolate #desserts
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Cream Pie {Easy & No-Bake} is full of fresh strawberries and cream cheese, it gets an additional boost of flavor from instant pudding mix! Serve this at your next get-together, and watch it disappear! #strawberries #pie #nobake
Strawberry Cream Pie {Easy & No-Bake}

I hope you enjoy! Shared at BNOTP and thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

Family Game LBGC Signature 3

No comments:

Post a Comment