Friday, August 15, 2014

Quinoa with Broccoli {and feta!!}

Hi Everyone!  I just love summer and the fresh food that comes with it! Summer feels like it's over.... school started this week for us {whaaaa!} But, the garden food is still going strong. SO.. I'm using it to create fresh and healthy recipes for my family. Earlier this week we enjoyed this Quinoa with broccoli and feta for dinner and it was amazing. Serve it with tasty chicken sausage and your favorite salad for a great meal.
quinoa with broccoli


I've really been loving quinoa lately, its works like rice in is so good for you! Add some steamed broccoli and feta for flavor and this is a dish that even my kids will gobble up.
quinoa with broccoli1
 
Here's what you need:
1 cup uncooked quinoa {prepare as directed on package}
1 large head of broccoli
4 oz crumbled feta OR 6 oz 1% cottage cheese
I didn't have cottage cheese on hand so I used feta, but BOTH at amazing in this dish.
Steam the broccoli to just done while the quinoa is cooking.  Mix together when done and top with the either cheese.
quinoa with broccoli2
What is your favorite way to use garden veggies? I'd love to hear your recipes.
quinoa with broccoli3

Other Posts You May Enjoy:

Zucchini with Feta
Fresh Pesto with Garden Veggies

Tomato Stack

I hope you enjoy! Shared at thesefun parties!


Don't forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved

Emily
Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment